18 Sep Facts on UV Damage
UV radiation is the main factor that causes skin cancer, almost all skin cancers are caused by over exposure to UV radiation from the sun. Australia has one of the highest levels of UV exposure and highest rates of skin cancer in the world.
- UV radiation is not related to how hot or cold it is. You can still get burnt on cool or cloudy days.
- Even in winter Australian UV levels can be within the “Very High” to “Extreme” levels.
- The greatest amount of UV reaches the Earth around midday when the sun is at its highest point.
- Skin damage can occur in as little as 10 to 15 minutes during peak UV periods.
- UV levels increase as you get closer to the Equator.
- You Should Start protecting yourself from UV as soon as the UV index reaches 3 or above.
Shade Sails offer an effective way of protecting your family from harmful UV radiation whilst still enjoying the Australian lifestyle, Summers in the pool and BBQ’s in the garden. Shade Sails allow air to pass through with there unique UV and filter the UV rays to reduce sun exposure.
Well designed and positioned Shade can significantly reduce UV exposure.
Thinking about a Shade Sail. Contact us today for an obligation free quote.